Saturday, October 15, 2011

Bitter

Oh how the taste of failure can be such a bitter pill.  I don't have much to say about Marathon Bench Press Challenge Attempt #2.  It didn't go how I would have liked it to and yet it went about as I expected.  What is so beautiful about the bench press is that there's no in-between.  There's no grey area.  Either you manage the lift or you don't.  It's success or failure, and in this case bitter, oh-so-bitter failure.  That's OK though, in fact it's quite awesome because it keeps the dream alive.  Honolulu just became that much more interesting.  Maybe I'll even lift once or twice before the race this time.  I'll have to think about that and decide if I consider it cheating...



NOTE:  Gavin DeGraw's "Not Over You" is playing in the background.  I didn't even notice that during the attempt.  I love that song.  How ironic, though, that the title of the song depicts the events taking place so literally, with an unintentional double entendre.

1 comment:

  1. omg have i ever told you the story of when i hung out with gavin degraw and sang him his own songs while he ordered batman on the hotel TV i was sharing with 3 other girls? it....did not go over well with him. hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete