I just reached the end of day 1 of my first ever juice cleanse.
It's a bit of a fad and I despise it for that reason. Oh, and I think I hate it because I don't get to eat. That part really annoys me.
But, attitude is everything, so let me try to highlight the positives:
1. I finally used the juicer I bought in 2005 for the first time today. It was kind of fun mashing up a big mess of pulpiness.
2. I spend a lot less time eating now that nutrition comes in liquid form.
3. I've sampled a number of different teas over the past few days and I'm becoming more of a fan. I still miss my Jura though, it's all clean and ready for me when this foolishness ends.
4. When I drop $80 at whole foods, I get more than 6 things now that I'm buying roughage.
5. I no longer have mood swings due to blood sugar levels changing before/after meals. Instead, I'm perpetually depressed about how hungry I am :)
In all seriousness, this whole thing kind of fell in my lap because of my inability to say no. And then there's the whole stupid challenge aspect of it that in a way does appeal to me. I've never fasted, juiced, or cleansed. I figure it might actually be good for me to get a handle on my cravings by forcing myself to eat like my jaw is wired shut.
Still, with all of that said, I can't wait for this to end. I was grumpy enough with the whole "clean eating" business last week, but this no-chewing thing takes it to a whole new level.
One down, two to go.