Thursday, February 15, 2024

Back to the mat

I went to a yoga class last night, first real class in what feels like 10 years?  It felt good, crowded and sweaty, but nice to reconnect to this pile of flesh I'm stuck in.

I raced CIM last year, 2:46, it was nice to finish strong after my troubles there in the past but also ironic that I'm more proud of my old guy time which is actually my slowest ever on the course:

I got myself a workshop at the very end of last year and that's been fantastic, having space to stretch out and get organized.

The boys are 8 and 6, quite the handful, doing a few ski trips this winter, riding bikes, settling in after the move.

Oh yeah, we moved to the PNW, outside of Portland.  It rains here.  It rains a lot.

Also, everyone in this town is fast and everyone runs.  Random guy from a neighbor dinner party ran a 2:30 in his first 'thon.  A friend jokes that his dentist says "I don't really run" but pulled off a 2:18.  And there's no racial diversity.  And it rains.  Everything is wet all winter.

But it's green and the trees are glorious, wonderful, amazing.  Kayaking in the river is nice.  Real estate is less unaffordable and traffic is slightly less brutal.  And I haven't had a sunburn in ages.

Let's see if I can keep a short journal flowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment