Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Ubiquiti

 

The network rack has been in place for a while but today I moved things into their final resting positions.  I still have a bunch of devices to add to the mix but it's a nice modular setup.  I also need to do some loops and tidy up the excess wire which is all drooped and disorganized behind the rack.  But it's a mostly clean setup for now, minus the one siezed post screw in the bottom right ear.  If you're left wondering what that white plastic box is at the top right, it's an ethernet surge suppressor.  Doesn't look all that cool but hopefully will keep my gear from getting fried.




On the way to the shop I stopped by a place to try to grab a cheap old crappy paper file cabinet.  Because I have the space for one here and I'd like to keep receipts and paperwork semi organized.  Paper files definitely are annoying and digital stuff is better in terms of accessibility and the ability to search by keyword, but paper is a nice to have backup vs just shredding everything immediately.  So I went to this furniture place and walked out with a steelcase standing desk on the cheap.  It's a nice size, I'm pretty happy with it, as I wanted to get a nicer setup for my day job at the shop.  Now all I need is a decent monitor and I've got nice setups at home and the shop for doing any tech stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment