Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Door

 Got a door in today.  The main purpose is to keep heat inside my workshop as the room behind this door is not well sealed and heat escapes quickly.  Although today is not a terribly cold day, 57 degrees right now, I can tell it's helping a lot due to the furnace not cycling nearly as much as it was in prior days and earlier today while the door was going in.  It also has a nice side benefit of reducing noise to the house (which I'm renting) so my music has less impact on the tenant.  When open, presumably during the summer, it's clear glass so the overhead lights should still provide illumination.  I got a bit "lucky" finding the exact size door I wanted on craigslist for about half price, and even luckier that it was clear glass instead of frosted so I can see into the storeroom.

It's really nice to be warm and cozy in my work space now.



No comments:

Post a Comment